Since 1906 the name Rolls Royce has become synonymous with the finest luxury automobiles and high quality engineering. Corniche, a French name for cliff faced coastal roads, has been used by Rolls Royce in 1939 for a prototype based on the Bentley Mark V and then in 1971 for the upgraded Mulliner Park Ward two door versions of the Silver Shadow.
These two door versions of the Rolls Royce Silver Shadow featured a monocoque chassis and were powered by an all alloy 6.75l V8 engine. A smooth shifting GM automatic gearbox and hydraulic suspension provided a magic carpet ride. Each Corniche took four months to build and used the finest materials. Shadow 2 upgrades introduced in 1977 featured improvements such as rack and pinion steering, stiffer suspension, rubber tipped bumpers, front spoiler and dual aircon controls with mineral oil hydraulics in 1979