The Ferrari F430 ushered in a new era of performance Ferraris and featured Pinninfarina styling reminiscent of the “Sharknose” F1 Ferrari of the 1960’s. An all-new engine design with a power output of 483 BHP, a marked improvement in aerodynamic efficiency and improved build quality contributed to an impressive all-round package that was a big step forward for Ferrari
The 430 Scuderia is a limited production Ferrari based on the Ferrari F430. It showcased Ferrari’s Formula 1 technology and was co-developed by Michael Schumacher. The Formula 1 link was emphasized by the “Scuderia” name (“Stable” in Italian) used by Enzo Ferrari to name his Grand Prix racing team in 1929, “Scuderia Ferrari”
Formula 1 technology turned the Ferrari F430 into one of the most exciting track friendly road cars but still exploitable to all levels of driver.
These systems included:
- A carbon fibre steering wheel with LED shift lights
- Upgraded Superfast 2 automated manual gearbox which shifts in 60 milliseconds
- Electronically actuated differential which works in parallel with the updated traction control system – F1 trac
- A refined Manettino, a rotary dial on steering wheel which allows you to change the parameters for the engine, gearshift, E-diff, traction and stability controls.
- An independent damper control button which allows a composed ride in harder edged engine and gearbox settings
- Carbon ceramic brakes as standard equipment – 15.7 inches diameter – 0,7 inch larger than F430
The Ferrari 430 Scuderia was 100kg lighter and 20 BHP more powerful than the standard F430 Coupe.
The weight saving is achieved by:
- Using a Lexan rear window instead of glass
- Lightweight front and rear bumpers
- Carbon fibre door panels
- Carbon fibre air box
- No carpets or floor mats
- Titanium springs and wheel nuts
- 19-inch Magnesium wheels
The increase in power is achieved through:
- A revised intake manifold
- Higher compression ratio
- Redesigned exhaust
The Ferrari 430 Scuderia is a very important collector car. Now a limited production modern classic, it provides a visceral and raw experience to a spine tingling V8 soundtrack all contained in a Pininfarina designed package with immense visual drama. In addition it is a showcase of Ferrari’s Formula One technology of the time and was faster than the Enzo V12 Supercar around Ferrari’s Fiorano Test track due to its superb handling balance, grip and amazing brakes.
For more details on this example for sale, please contact Gareth or Jeremy at Tel: (021) 462 3558 or mail an enquiry to email@example.com