Porsche's iconic 911 have been one of the longest lasting sports car series known in the auto industry. Several eras of the 911 have been created over a span of over 50 years. The Porsche 964 marks the third generation of the 911 series that started production in 1989 with 85% of the car itself being entirely new while sticking to the iconic shape of its predecessors. It also came in different body style such as the Targa, cabriolet and coupe.
Parts that were new in comparison to the previous model include the following:
- A new M64 naturally aspirated flat six 3.6l engine coupled to a 5 speed manual gearbox that makes 247 BHP
- Re designed suspension with torsion bars replaced with coil springs and shock absorbers for improved ride quality and handling.
- ABS and power steering were now standard equipment for better handling.
- Bumpers on the exterior of the 964 mounted flush with the rest of the bodywork along with the fog lamps.
The Porsche 964 convertible will go from zero to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds and will reach a top speed of 261 km/h.
Revisions of the interior were also done from the previous generation 911 and has added features such as:
- Dual airbags
- Automatic climate control for interior cooling and heating.
- Redesigned cluster featuring brighter warning lights.
This Porsche 964 Convertible is a beautiful example with a full service history, service books, desirable manual gearbox and black on black colour scheme.
Recent maintenance includes:
- Recent major service by agents
- New Michelin tyres recently fitted
- New rear suspension bushes
- Rear brake pads
- Gear lever linkages
Contact Jeremy or Gareth on the links below for more details.