Porsche’s first production car, the Porsche 356, was in production from 1950 to 1965 and therefore has a special place in the Porsche’s history and in the collections of Porsche enthusiasts. It is a lightweight rear engine two door sportscar powered by a flat four engine. The 356 evolved from the Pre A in 1950, the 356 A in 1955, in 1959 the 356 B was introduced and finally the 356 C prior to the 911’s introduction
According to the accompanying Certificate of Authenticity, this Porsche 356 left the Porsche factory in its present colour scheme of Ivory (6004) with Black leatherette interior and was shipped to the selling dealer Lindsay Saker Johannesburg in December 1960. The chassis and engine numbers on the car today correspond to the Porsche Certificate of authenticity confirming that this example is numbers matching.
We previously sold this example in 2016 on behalf of the second owner and he stated that he owned the car since 1963 and purchased it from the first owner. Following the purchase in 2016 the third owner sent this Porsche 356 to Porsche centre where they carried out a major service and minor refurbishment work. (The Invoices are available for inspection)
It is available for viewing at the Crossley & Webb showroom in Gardens Cape Town
Contact Gareth or David for more details: Tel: (021) 462 3558 or send us an enquiry via the contact form below:
Complete the form below to subscribe to the Crossley & Webb mailing list.
previous Crossley & Webb campaigns.