Since 1906 the name Rolls Royce has become synonymous with the finest luxury automobiles and high quality engineering. Corniche, a French name for cliff faced coastal roads, has been used by Rolls Royce in 1939 for a prototype based on the Bentley Mark V and then in 1971 for the upgraded Mulliner Park Ward two door versions of the Silver Shadow.
These two door versions of the Rolls Royce Silver Shadow featured a monocoque chassis and were powered by an all alloy 6.75l V8 engine. A smooth shifting GM automatic gearbox and hydraulic suspension provided a magic carpet ride. Each Corniche took four months to build and used the finest materials. Shadow 2 upgrades introduced in 1977 featured improvements such as rack and pinion steering, stiffer suspension, rubber tipped bumpers, front spoiler and dual aircon controls with mineral oil hydraulics in 1979
This example was built in 1980 in Highland green with Tan interior and delivered to Mr. Forney of London on the 26th June 1980. This example benefits from the Shadow 2 upgrades outlined above. At some point in the past it was resprayed black but retains the original Tan interior which is in particularly good condition.
Recent mechanical attention has included:
This example is available for viewing at the Crossley & Webb showroom in Gardens Cape Town
COntact Jeremy or Gareth for more details: Tel (021) 462 3558 or send an enquiry via the contact form below:
Complete the form below to subscribe to the Crossley & Webb mailing list.
previous Crossley & Webb campaigns.