The Ferrari 488 Spider is an open top twin to the 488 GTB and was revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2015, providing an impressive offering in Ferrari’s line of historic open top V8 Sports cars.
This model features the following improvements over it’s predecessor the Ferrari 458 Spider:
- Completely new engine design - 3.9l twin turbo V8
- 100 BHP more than the 458 Spider at 660 BHP
- Downforce has increased by 50% over the 458 Spider with drag reduced resulting in the most aerodynamic open top Ferrari ever
- Chassis stiffness improved by 23%
- 10kg lighter over the 458 Spider
Although the Ferrari 488 Spider has superb levels of performance, it is extremely user friendly and a pleasure to drive. This is a result of an efficient 7 speed dual clutch F1 transmission, providing smooth and easy gear changing at any moment. Acceleration remains unchanged over its coupe sibling, hitting 100 km/h from a standing start in just 3 seconds and will make its way to it’s 325 km/h top speed. Truly impressive for a droptop supercar of this caliber.